Donations & Support
We are proudly committed to inspire the spirit, education, good fellowship, recreation & athletic aspects of the youth & citizens of our community. By hosting & promoting social, charitable, commercial and benevolent events through fundraising functions allows us to forward profits to various clubs & organizations within the Bonnyville community and area. This also allows the Bonnyville Oilmen’s to meet our mandate of the society to provide support to youth & elderly programs.
Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society Recipients
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s elected to purchase a much needed chemo chair for the cancer unit at the Bonnyville Healthcare Centre in the spring of 2019. With our aging society, Cancer will touch most of us. Studies show that about one in five of our families will have to face this disease.
The society holds a 50/50 draw at each of our general meetings where the proceeds are donated to help support our local Legion
In this photo Left to Right: Duane Hite and Rollie Inman of the Bonnyville Legion are being presented with a donation by Wayne Turzanski Oilmens President.
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society promotes education and offer a Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) scholarship. The program is open to any Bonnyville high school graduates who have been accepted into a Red Seal Apprenticeship Program
In support of continuing education the Society chooses two Bonnyville graduate applicants to receive a $1000 scholarship per year for up to two years. The applicants must be able to demonstrate enrollment at an Alberta recognized post-secondary university, college or tech school.
The Bonnyville Seniors were a huge help at our 2nd Annual Vegas Night. They provided us with a space for the event, a wonderful meal and plenty of help with the other activities of the evening. A great time was had by all and in lieu of services rendered moneys have been paid out to support our community.
In addition numerous other groups from the community have been recipients of donations from the Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society. To mention just a few:
- Bonnyville Oilmens Annual Post-secondary school scholarship fund: Two recipients are chosen per year at $1000 each, should they chose to return for second year they receive another $1000. We also have a scholarship for the Register Apprenticeship Program (RAP) this is a one-time $1000 scholarship awarded each year to one applicant. The Bonnyville Oilmens Society Scholarship program accumulation per year is $5000.
- Jaws of life for the Bonnyville Fire Department
- Major contribution to the C2 center
- Repairs to the Bonnyville Curling Club
- Bonnyville Seniors Drop In center
- Support our local Legion by 50/50 draw each meeting
- Bonnyville Boys & Girls Club
- Bonnyville Kid Sport
- Lakeland Lacrosse Association
- Bonnyville Sea Cadets (S.S. Huron)
- Bonnyville Ghost Riders
- HE. Bourgoin School: Donated to send children to attend 2017 (100th year anniversary) of Vimy Ridge
- Ecole des Beaux- Lacs: 2016 donated to send supervisor with Children to Quebec on educational 8 day trip
- Bonnyville Ashlin Gymnastics Club
- Bonnyville Health Centre. 2015 Donated towards 2 recliners for the Hospital TV room
- BCHS (Santa’s Elves): Donated for gifts for children
- & support to various youth clubs
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society uses various community groups and organizations to assist at functions and events. A portion of the funds raised are then donated to the recipient group to assist them in reaching their goals. Find out how your group can help out or become a recipient of the Bonnyville Oilmen’s society.