Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society Recipients
We are proudly committed to inspire the spirit, education, good fellowship, recreation & athletic aspects of the youth & citizens of our community. By hosting & promoting social, charitable, commercial and benevolent events through fundraising functions allows us to forward profits to various clubs & organizations within the Bonnyville community and area. This also allows the Bonnyville Oilmen’s to meet our mandate of the society to provide support to youth & elderly programs.
2023 Oilmen’s Lobsterfest Donation to Ecole Des Beaux-Lacs
Bonnyville Oilmen Society 2023 Lobsterfest Committee Member Dan Sharun presents a Donation of $1206.00 to the children of Ecole Des Beaux-Lacs School.
The Oilmen’s asked the kids to paint/decorate 42 flower pots which included planting for the 2023 Lobsterfest. The flower pots were purchased by the people that attended & 100% of the proceeds went to the kids of Ecole Des Beaux-Lacs.
Bonnyville Oilmen Society 2023 Lobsterfest Committee would also like to thank Weatherford for purchasing & donating the flower pots that the children painted. It was greatly appreciated!
Oilmens volunteering at Mini Soccer Fest – June 10, 2023
The Oilmen’s participated/donated time and a BBQ in this year’s Mini Soccer Feast in Bonnyville June 10 2023, this event held 853 soccer players from age 5-11 years old, if we had to estimate this event had over 3000 people that attend it.
We cooked hamburgers and hot dogs from 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM, kudus to those OILMEN’s that came and helped out on this event.
- Jason Karras
- Jon Best
- Terry Straile
- Tim Graham
- Troy Atkinson
- Jose Teixeira
- Sorry if I missed anyone!!!
Let’s not forget for their donations
- Steve Neudorf (SS&M Hauling) donated the BBQ for the Event.
- Troy Atkinson (Swift Oilfield Supplies) donated the generator gasoline for the Event.
- Jose Teixeira donated the trailer and generator for the event.
Peggy & Rodney Flett: May 2023
Peggy’s husband Rod was in a horrible accident. He is currently in the ICU at the U of A Hospital. 60% of Rod’s body has been burned with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him.
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society held a Live Auction at their annual Golf Tournament and raised $3950.00.
All the proceeds of the Auction went to Peggy & Rodney Flett to help lessen the financial burden.
Our hearts go out the Flett Family!
June 3rd 2023 Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society Golf Tournament: Donation to Rodney & Peggy Flett
Left: Dean Anderson son of Rodney & Right: President: Jon Best
Kids Sport Volunteering for 2023 Golf Tournament: Donation in Lue
Donation Amount: $500
April 2023: Ashlin Gymnastics Club receives $5000 donation from Bonnyville Oilmen’s
Purpose: Help with roof repairs.
V.P Kelsey Ryan: Ashlin Gymnastics Club receives $5000 donation from Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society: Treasurer Jason Karras.
2023: Bonnyville Oilmens Society Donates to Bonnyville Kids Sports.
2023: Bonnyville Oilmens Society Donates $500 to Kiev’s K Hi Youth Camp.
Kim Lester (Secretary of Kiev’s K Hi) & Jason Karras (Treasurer of B.O.S.)
Fame Dance Studio was a Bonnyville Oilmens recipient after helping out with our 2019 Curling Bonspiel. The funding will help local children participate in dance competitions. Thank you to the parents who were able to contribute in making our Curling Bonspiel dinner and dance such a success. We wish the dancers good luck at their upcoming competitions!
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s elected to purchase a much needed chemo chair for the cancer unit at the Bonnyville Healthcare Centre in the spring of 2019. With our aging society, Cancer will touch most of us. Studies show that about one in five of our families will have to face this disease.
The society holds a 50/50 draw at each of our general meetings where the proceeds are donated to help support our local Legion
In this photo Left to Right: Duane Hite and Rollie Inman of the Bonnyville Legion are being presented with a donation by Wayne Turzanski Oilmens President.
The Bonnyville Seniors were a huge help at our 2nd Annual Vegas Night. They provided us with a space for the event, a wonderful meal and plenty of help with the other activities of the evening. A great time was had by all and in lieu of services rendered moneys have been paid out to support our community.
In addition numerous other groups from the community have been recipients of donations from the Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society. To mention just a few:
- Bonnyville Oilmens Annual Post-secondary school scholarship fund: Two recipients are chosen per year at $1000 each, should they chose to return for second year they receive another $1000. We also have a scholarship for the Register Apprenticeship Program (RAP) this is a one-time $1000 scholarship awarded each year to one applicant. The Bonnyville Oilmens Society Scholarship program accumulation per year is $5000.
- Jaws of life for the Bonnyville Fire Department
- Major contribution to the C2 center
- Repairs to the Bonnyville Curling Club
- Bonnyville Seniors Drop In center
- Support our local Legion by 50/50 draw each meeting
- Bonnyville Boys & Girls Club
- Bonnyville Kid Sport
- Lakeland Lacrosse Association
- Bonnyville Sea Cadets (S.S. Huron)
- Bonnyville Ghost Riders
- HE. Bourgoin School: Donated to send children to attend 2017 (100th year anniversary) of Vimy Ridge
- Ecole des Beaux- Lacs: 2016 donated to send supervisor with Children to Quebec on educational 8 day trip
- Bonnyville Ashlin Gymnastics Club
- Bonnyville Health Centre. 2015 Donated towards 2 recliners for the Hospital TV room
- BCHS (Santa’s Elves): Donated for gifts for children
- & support to various youth clubs
The Bonnyville Oilmen’s Society uses various community groups and organizations to assist at functions and events. A portion of the funds raised are then donated to the recipient group to assist them in reaching their goals. Find out how your group can help out or become a recipient of the Bonnyville Oilmen’s society.